Our Community - Activities
There's something here for everyone! Let's start with some sports activities:
- Volleyball and Basketball: Bay County Community Center offers a variety of activities for the entire family. They currently host women's, men's, and coed volleyball leagues, basketball, self-defence classes, weight training, dance, and many others.
- Skiing and Golfing: Discover the convenience, affordibility and luxury that is Apple Mountain. Open year round, the 307-acre resort features a championship golf course, two full service restaurants offering both casual and fine dining, ski slopes, plus a 12,000 square foot conference center ideal for both business and pleasure.
- Golf: Public courses include Bay County Golf Course, Bay Valley Resort and Conference Center, and White Birch Hills Golf Course. Also, the Bay City Country Club offers excellent courses for its members.
- Fishing and Boating: Enjoy sport fishing, leisure fishing, charters, and boating on both the Saginaw River and Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay. The waters of Bay County come to life each summer with numerous festivals including Tall Ships Celebration and the Bay City River Roar.
- Walking, Biking, Hiking: Soak in Bay City's rich maritime history with a stroll along the riverside curtosy of Riverwalk Park or one of Bay County's many trails
- Baseball & Softball: Veteran's Memorial Park plays host to numerous tournaments and leagues hosted by The Bay City Softball League, including an all-night tournament that keeps the bats cracking all night long.
- Ice Skating & Ice Hockey: The Bay City Civic Arena offers public open skate, drop in hockey, and men's and women's adult leagues year round. The Civic Arena also hosts the great teams of our area such as the Tri-City Ice Hawks, Bay Area Thunder, Bay City Wolves, and Delta College Pioneers Club Hockey.
The Bay City Fireworks Festival is acclained as one of the largest fireworks displays in the state. Accompanied by amusement rides, beer tent, and musical entertainment; Bay City's Memorial and Veteran's Park hosts a variety of activities for the whole family.
Additional things to do in Bay City
In addition, Bay City hosts to the following area festivals:
Tall Ships Celebration
St. Stan's Festival
Freeland Walleye Festival
Munger Potato Festival
The Bay City Mall offers great shopping venues and the Bay City 8 Cinema for movie fans.
You'll love Bay City's fabulous downtown district with numerous shops, boutiques, and restaurants including riverfront dining.